Thursday, January 12, 2012

Good city, white wine. I come alive in the night time.

My first night out in Roma. I had the most delicious dinner at La Scaletta where I learned how to eat like a true Italian. In Italy, no one orders just an appetizer and a main course like we do in America. Italians start off with the appetizer, then the first course, second course, and finish the meal with a dessert. I ordered the Spaghetti with Clams which was one of the most delicious things I've had. Marmalade Cafe at The Grove can't even touch this dish!
"Any wine?"
"No thank you"
"What???? No wine?"
"..... Ok! One bottle"
Our waitress Marinella. Way too cute and fun.
 Cheers! 
 Most amazing bruschetta.
Spaghetti with clams was such a good choice. The owner of the restaurant said I chose a good dish!
Joe, the "small" boss. We talked for a good 45 minutes. He offered to give us a discount the next time we came back! #score
To remember us next time, he jotted down all our names according to where we sat at the table...on the order pad. Too cute.
Conversating for the longest with Francesco the kitchen chef and Joe the owner. Such characters. 
If Roma had Yelp, I would rate this place 5 stars. Excellent food.
And the adventures begin...
After dinner, we went to a bar called the Drunken Ship were there was a good mix of Americans and Italians. After a few drinks we headed over to Scholar's Pub where we all had an amazing time. 
Unfortunately this was one of the worst beers I've ever had. It's called Nasturo (nasty beer). Lesson learned.
Our table directly next to a piazza in Campi de Fiori.
Walking over to the next bar, Scholar's.
Hilarious. McDonald's is an insult to Italian food. 
Overall, a very successful first night out. Looking forward to more of these to come.
I love you already Roma! xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment