Saturday, September 1, 2012

Last day in Europe

This is the last post of my Eurotrip 2012. On my last day in Europe, I woke up in the guest room of my uncle's house in Aachen, Germany and caught the afternoon train to Cologne-- my last and final stop before heading back to America. When I stepped foot outside of the train station, I was greeted to this lovely work of art:

Had to be the most incredible chapel I've ever seen in my life. I stood here in sheer awe and wonder.

Parts of the cathedral were under restoration.

What's a cathedral without a cathedral climb. 

The view from the top of the cathedral, overlooking the city of Cologne.

Cologne in English, Köln in Deutsch (German). 

The touristy area of Köln is very small and like most other tourist attractions is good for one thing: shopping. Picked up some lovely gifts for my aunt and uncle! 

Hauptbanhof [DB]. DB stands for Deutsche Bahn, the German national rail.

About 1.5 hours into day in Cologne, my aunt called and said told me to get on the next train home--that I'd be joining them for dinner in Belgium (no big deal). So I wrapped up the shopping & bought a ticket for the next train home. My aunt and uncle brought me along with them to attend an investors dinner for a German bank.

The dinner was held at the golf course in Belgium where my aunt and uncle play (20 minute drive from their home in Aachen, Germany). 

All the other baller shot callers.

The Kim Duo.

A take home gift of golf goodies and a bottle of wine.

Uncle taking home the prize for best scores in his golf class. 


My lovely aunt and uncle who have both been so kind to me. 

Just assuming this says Smoking Kills in font size 60. 

Sun setting in Belgium, Gemany, Holland...wherever we're at.

Uncle is a such a gangster/b-o-s-s.


What a relaxing and comforting way to wind down 5 long months of travel. Quality time with family in a beautiful city with great food and great views. On our drive home, we drove out of Belgium, through Holland and back home to Germany all within a span of 20 minutes. My drunk uncle sang the whole way home "King King" that he and my auntie won the trophies for the King Class in their golf tournament. It's little things like that that still make me smile today. 

Til next travels.
xoxo, E.

0 comments:

Post a Comment