Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Travelling is so exciting. I think one of the greatest gifts of my youth is being blessed with opportunities to travel. I haven't traveled around too much, but have been out of the country enough times to know that I absolutely love the feeling of exploring new places. It's my first time in Europe and it's a completely new experience. Choosing Italy as my main destination was one of the best decisions I could have made. At the beginning of my freshman year of college, I was set on studying abroad in Australia. And though that would have been amazing, I realized I could make so much more out of studying abroad experience if I were to come to a country in Europe and travel to surrounding countries as well. Something about Italy really drew me in instantly. The culture, the language, the romance, the history was all so attractive to me.

One thing I love about being in Europe is the chance to see so many different countries at once. It's in my nature to plan everything weeks and months in advance, so planning all my trips has been so much fun. I've already booked some trips and cannot wait to start travelling around! Here's my tentative itinerary for now:

Week 1: Weekend trip to Florence
Week 2: London, UK (Explosions in the Sky)
Week 3: staying in Rome to see Avicii. Superbowl the following day
Week 4: Towns of Maremma, Sovana, Pitigliano (Tuscany, Italy)
Week 5: Amsterdam, Netherlands & Brussels, Belgium
Week 6: Budapest, Hungary (to visit uncle #1)
Week 7: Nice, Cannes & Monaco (French Riviera for Carnivale)
Week 8: Prague, Czech Republic
Week 9: Paris, France
Week 10: Barcelona, Spain & Morocco
Week 11: Trip to Orvieto, Italy
Week 12: Corfu, Greece
Week 13: Vineyard Tour & Wine tasting
Week 14: Pompeii, Capri, Sorrento, Positano (Amalfi Coast of Italy)
Week 15: Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre (Northern Italy)
Week 16: Berlin, Munich & Achim, Germany (to visit uncle #2)

I'm so excited for these next weeks to unfold. First up, Florence for the weekend!
Vado a Firenze en finesettimana. (hey, Italian 101 is helping).

0 comments:

Post a Comment