Thursday, February 2, 2012

Some Like It Haute

What an overwhelming and incredible experience. AltaRomaAltaModa was one of the best experiences I've had in Italy so far. Each show that I went to had was so unique in its own way. I didn't leave one show without feeling in awe. The shows were held at Santo Spirito in Sassia, which is located directly next to the Vatican. I sat front row at all the shows, minus one...next to celebrities and big timers in the fashion industry. I've networked and got to meet so many new people, including designers, journalists, photographers, etc. I was so humbled by this entire opportunity. 
The main sponsors of AltaRoma, Loreal and MBZ.
Thank you Freedom and Fashion.
Santo Spirito in Sassia, just a few steps away from the step and repeat tent.
Interior of the foyer. Simply amazing.
Press and VIP lounge.
Having tea with my new friend Veronica, a journalist for a Russian magazine.
One of the bigger shows I went to was Renato Balestra at Santo Spirito. I've never heard the names many Italian designers before coming to Italy. But since I've been here, I've seen a lot of RB products in everyday places. Assuming hes a lot more recognized in the industry than some of the others!

Renalto Balestra.
On the runway after the show.
Me and my friend Katie who came with me as a press photographer
Another show I went to at Santo Spirito was Gianni Molaro Italian Art Couture. One thing I loved about this show in particular was the music. Everything was so dramatic and theatrical. The main theme of this line was the crises of our  generation. For example, the first look represented "The Love Crisis". I was overall so impressed by the entire production and was so entertained throughout the entire show.
A lady sitting directly across from me getting interviewed by a news reporter.
The Love Crisis
The designer himself with "The Economic Crisis". Model is wearing a collar with the a symbol of the Euro.
I had the most exhilarating time at the shows at Santo Spirito this weekend. Though I'm not entirely into fashion, I loved all of the productions and have definitely found a newfound appreciate for fashion. 
So much fun! xoxo, ciao.

0 comments:

Post a Comment