Monday, April 9, 2012

Bucket List: Rome, Italy

I realized I have 4 weeks left in Rome and I still haven't seen a lot of this city. Come to think of it, I've really taken my time here for granted and have been neglecting a lot of this city. It's been 3 months since I've been in Rome and I still haven't visited the Vatican (shame on me). Meanwhile, I've been doing so much traveling and preparing for trips in other cities outside of Italy. Well, now I'm feeling regretful and have one month to do everything I want to do here before it's all over.

Here's my last minute bucket list.

1. Visit The Vatican Museum / St. Peter's Basilica
2. Go to the Colosseum again, and this time hire a guide
3. Try eating at a new restaurant at least 2 times a week (including Gino, Carlo Menta, La Regine, Taverna Trilussa, any others?)
4. Go out at least once a week night (stay away from Campo di Fiori and Scholar's and try new places: Studio 18, Shari Vari, La Maison, Abbey Theatre, local Italian bars in Trastevere).
5. Palace of Exhibitions
6. Back to Villa Borghese to visit the gallery
7. Send out postcards (I'm super late on this one, sorry no excuses)
8. See an opera (Barber of Seville)
9. Go to the Trevi Fountain, sober this time, and actually throw a coin in (or two).
10. Go inside the Pantheon and not just walk past it casually
11. Go to Campo di Fiori in the day time, buy something from the local market
12. Hit up Porta Portese on a Sunday one last time
13. Steve McCurry Photo Exhibit in Testaccio
14. Get a portrait at Piazza Navona
15. Visit Piazza del Popolo
16. Visit Chiesa del Gesù
17. Visit Castel Sant'Angelo
18. Go jogging at Circus Maximus, stop by Bocca della Verita (mouth of truth!)
19. Theatre of Marcellus at night

Any more suggestions? Please help me by adding to it if you have any recommendations. Drop a comment or @elllyc on Twitter! ç:

0 comments:

Post a Comment